|Walking to downtown||20|
|Downtown by bus||10|
|Downtown in cab||5|
The Plaza San Martin is the largest green space in the neighborhood of Retiro in Buenos Aires. It was declared a National Historic Site in 1942.
It was surrounded by the Santa Fe Avenue, Esmerald Street, Arenales, Maipú, Avenida del Libertador and Florida Street.
There are monuments: General San Martin, The Army of Independence, the monument to the fallen in the Malvinas and Duda.
The design of the plaza is the work of French architect and landscape architect Carlos Leon Thays. Among the species that can be seen in the botany of the site, are the ombúes, Phoenix palms, and Syagrus Canariensis, lime trees, willows, pines, magnolias grndiflora, Gomera, silky oak, ceibos, pine and jacaranda also brought in from Tucumán.